First off, if you're reading this then I want to offer you a big congratulations.
Taking the step to get expert help to grow your business is a big step. If you're a 1 or 2 person show, you know your time can get stretch very quickly when you're on a growth trajectory.
The best thing you can do is bring in experts, extra help, so that you can focus on what you do best and overall business strategy.
Why Would You Need To Give An Agency Access To Your Account?
There's 2 reasons you'll need to give an agency (or freelancer) access to your account:
- They have a free consultation or audit of your existing account
- You've signed on with an agency and they are ready to get to work
Either way, the process is the same. The only difference in the process is in the first part, you'll have to remember to remove their access when the audit is complete (you can re-add them later if you decide to continue the relationship).
What Type of Access Will The Agency Need?
Klaviyo has 5 different user roles/permission. We won't go into all the user roles here, but if you're interested you can see the roles and their permissions in the "User Management and Privilege's" help article on Klaviyo's site.
Out of the 5, you'll be interested in 2 of them:
- The Analyst is what the name suggests. This user will have access to your dashboard, profiles, lists, segments, reporting, view-only for sent campaigns and flows
- You'll use this permission when the Agency wants to do an account audit. This ensures the Agency is not able to make changes within your account before entering a formal working relationship.
- Managers can do everything EXCEPT export email addresses, delete/edit users and close an account
- You'll use this permission when you've engaged an agency to manage your email marketing. They'll have access to what they need without you giving them admin control.
How To Add The Agency/User To Your Account
- On the top right of your Klaviyo account, click on your account name and the dropdown will have an option that says "Account" - choose that.
- Click on "Settings" and then "Users"
- Click on the button "Add New User"
- Type in their email address and then choose the User Role (see above for the type of permission you'd want to give an agency). Click "Add User"
- The newly added user will get an email to join the account and you're done!
How To Remove The Agency From Your Account
This step is fairly straightforward, so it doesn't require detailed steps. Go back to the Settings -> Users from Step 2 above and then click the "x" by the users name you want to remove.
Remember to do this, especially when you're giving temporary access to Agencies to conduct a site audit. They won't be able to do any harm if you forget to take them off because you will only give them permission to view the analytics; however, it's good to keep the account permissions clean.
That's all, you're all set to take your business to the next level by bringing in expert help to maximize the value to your email list.